Quotes from Educators…
We have initiated a big push for one-to-one technology. Recently, over 2,000 devices were added which gives each classroom one device/computer per student.
Teachers are receiving comprehensive training and a 3-hour test to become Google Certified Educators, (educators that want to provide their students with enhanced learning with G Suite for Education.) At the moment 56% of teachers in Jefferson City Schools have the certification and 100% of the teachers are expected to receive the certification by next school year (2019).
Jefferson High School has Career Technical Agricultural Education CTAE and participates in dual enrollment programs at Lanier Tech, UGA, and Athens Tech. There is a work-base learning program that has 90 placements with local businesses involving the Healthcare, film, computer, agriculture, and health science fields.
- 100 new students this year with 24% out of district applying from out of the district
- 3820 students enrolled in district this school year
- Very high-quality instruction, several teachers are former students.
- JROTC consistently wins state awards
- 252 Graduates last year with a 95.5% graduation rate (2018)
- Top performing district for college and career readiness
- $3.6 million in student scholarships
- Internationally recognized band program
- 44% of graduates earned high school credit(s) for accelerated enrollment ACCEL, Dual HOPE Grant, Move On When Ready, Early College, Gateway to College, Advanced Placement courses, or International Baccalaureate courses
- 80% of 2007-2016 Graduates attended public post-secondary school (Technical and University) or Non-state college
- Top performing district for college and career readiness, ACT exceeds national averages, top in the State (2018)
- 56 State Championships (so far)