The Jackson County Schools System is the largest of Jackson County’s three school districts – with two high schools, two middle schools, and six elementary schools. Jackson County Schools are working hard to be at the forefront in using technology everyday with every student in every class. STEAM Education is a big part of a student’s learn experience in Jackson County. There are IDEA Labs for grades K-5 and the students receive STEM instruction at Special learning times each week. Instruction in coding, design and building robotics is given to students in K-8 grades. Jackson County Schools have a Math Science Partnership Grant that provides $167,000 over two years for Robotics Curriculum for all students in Grades 3-8.
Jackson County Schools (and Commerce City Schools) utilize the Empower College and Career Center to provide a partnership between education and business, which allows the high schools to have 14 different career pathways (including an Engineering Pathway), as well as having expanded opportunities for Technical and Baccalaureate College Dual Enrollment Programs.
Jackson County High School’s Baccalaureate Program is great for international transfer students. East Jackson High School is a Regional University of North Georgia Site where students can earn college course credits.
Jackson County School System Stats & Accolades (2018)
Here’s just a few of the reasons why the Jackson County School System is so great…
- 95% graduation rate
- 8% growth with 360 new students enrolled
- $3,600,000 worth of scholarships won by Graduating Class of 2018
- Science Club, Tech Club, and Science Olympiad Team provided after-school STEM enrichment.
- State Winners in:
- Skills USA – Cabinetry making
- Skills USA – Audio Video Technology & Film
- DECA – Marketing Team
- HOSA – Healthcare Science
- FFA -Livestock Judging, Ag Sales, Job Interview, Public Speaking, Record Keeping, Public Relations, multiple Proficiency areas, and numerous other events
- FFA State Officer
- JROTC – Boys and Girls State participants, thousands of dollars in Scholarships and National Recognition