Commerce City Schools push 21st Century Technology in the classroom with one-to-one technology-student ratios. Commerce City Schools provide seven Career/Technical Pathways at the high school level. Professional STEAM learning for teachers and STEAM education camps for students in the summer. Work-Based Learning and Dual Enrollment programs are highly encouraged and the small student-to-teacher ratios in K-12 education increases the students’ desire for achievement. Commerce City Schools has partnered with the Jackson County School System to establish the Empower College and Career Center. The Empower College and Career Center is a charter high school that offers students career pathways and college prep courses (classes begin in the 2020 school year).
Commerce City Schools provide students with enrichment opportunities in their primary education through music, art, and Spanish classes allowing students to receive high school credits in Spanish as early as middle school. Gifted endorsement for teachers is offered on campus and gifted services are provided to students from Kindergarten to 12th grade. Advanced Placement Courses are offered at the high school level, and Parent Involvement Programs and Community Support are high priorities.
Commerce City Schools Stats and Accolades
- 1712 students enrolled (2018)
- One High School, One Middle School, One Primary School, and One Elementary School
- Commerce Primary and Commerce Elementary continue to be named by the State Department of Education as Title I Reward Schools: Highest Performing. This distinction is awarded to the top 5% of Title I schools in the state of Georgia.
- The 2018 4-Year Graduation Rate for Commerce High School is 93.68%.
- District SACS/AdvancED Accreditation
- Since 2013, our athletic teams have excelled to win 15 State Championships and the GADA Directors Cup for Class A in 2015 and 2016!